In the saturated real estate market, it can be difficult for agents to differentiate themselves from other agents, attract leads and make constant sales. So how can real estate agents reach potential buyers in an effective and efficient manner?
Social media marketing offers a great platform to target potential clients without investing too much time or money into traditional marketing strategies. It is a cost-effective way to advertise properties and reach out to a bigger audience. With its various features, such as creating engaging posts and stories, adding links, running ads and developing hashtags – social media provides the perfect platform for real estate agents to promote listings and connect with new leads.
For today’s real estate agents, understanding the power of social media is crucial – not only because social platforms are excellent channels for marketing but also due to their potential for maximum reach at relatively low cost. In this article, we investigate why all serious real estate agents should consider social media as part of their overall marketing strategy.
Overview of the current real estate market
The real estate market is currently in an incredible state of flux. With ever-changing industry regulations, interest rates, home prices, and a variety of other factors, staying up to date on the current market can be difficult. Fortunately, there are plenty of resources to stay informed on what’s happening both nationally and in the local area. Studying trends such as inventory levels, mortgage affordability indexing, changing lender practices and housing statistics can help individuals make well-informed decisions when buying or selling a property. Additionally, news sources such as newspapers and online publications can be an excellent source of information about the current real estate market for both buyers and sellers alike.
Introduction to social media marketing & how it can help
Social media marketing is a powerful tool to reach an engaged audience, promote products and services, drive website traffic, build relationships, and increase brand awareness. It allows organizations of all sizes to get their messages out to millions of people at low or no cost. Social media marketing is simply using existing social networks as part of your marketing strategy – it’s using social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest to connect with prospects and customers. When done right, you can generate qualified leads for your business and nurture them into paying customers!
Benefits of using social media for real estate
Using social media for real estate can be a great way to get your property seen by potential buyers. With well-crafted posts, you can easily target audiences that are actively interested in buying or renting property. Social media also allows for more engagement with clients and customers, as you can interact directly with them through comments and direct messages. As such, using social media for real estate allows you to build relationships and trust among clients which is essential in the real estate industry. You can also use platforms like Facebook and Instagram to showcase properties in an attractive manner and with interactive media such as videos or virtual tours, to create a positive impression of real estate offerings. Social media is also an affordable advertising channel compared to traditional marketing channels, such as print ads or direct mail campaigns. This makes it perfect for small businesses that might otherwise find it difficult to invest heavily in traditional marketing campaigns. By making use of analytics tools available on social media sites, businesses can track their performance over time measure the effectiveness of their efforts, so they know what’s working and adjust accordingly. Overall, using social media for real estate allows businesses to connect with potential buyers quickly and efficiently while being cost-effective at the same time.
Using targeted ads & content to reach potential customers
Using targeted ads and content to reach potential real estate customers is an effective way to drive conversions, as it allows businesses to precisely target the right audience with relevant messages. It also allows them to track their campaigns in order to measure the success of their strategies. Furthermore, when businesses understand the digital journey that leads potential customers or clients to make purchase decisions, they can design customized ads and content that facilitates this journey by providing informative and engaging content at each stage of the process. Doing so increases the possibility that prospects will become customers or clients. For example, a real estate agency might start off with targeting individuals who are starting to search for homes in certain locations utilizing YouTube preroll videos or social media postings that feature various homes for sale in those locations. From there, they could tailor follow-up content such as blog posts about the benefits of buying a home in certain neighborhoods, local market analysis reports and even custom video tours of select properties within budget ranges tailored specifically toward those individuals. As prospects move along this tailored digital journey, they become more familiar with this particular real estate agency increasing their chances of becoming a client when they decide it’s time to buy.
Strategies for connecting with potential clients
Real estate professionals can use social media to make meaningful connections with potential clients and build relationships that turn into lasting business. A few ideas on how they can do this includes:
- focusing on content related to new developments in the industry, such as trends in local housing markets; promoting their portfolio of properties in their network; and tips on how to purchase a property at a great price.
- Engaging existing followers through polls and Q&A posts.
- hosting live video tours of properties and answering questions in real-time.
- leveraging influencers by partnering with them for co-marketing opportunities.
- creating both educational materials about investing in real estate and entertaining content that offers an inside look into the workday of a real estate agent.
By creating strategies around these tactics, real estate agents can connect with potential customers who may be interested in buying or selling property and expand their reach.
Examples of successful social campaigns in real estate
- Redfin’s Instagram and Twitter Campaign: Redfin is an online real estate platform, that used its Twitter and Instagram accounts to promote their activities in different cities around the country. This campaign was successful due to its influencer marketing approach; they collaborated with social media influencers to create content that displayed impressive visuals of Redfin’s listings, while also connecting the brand to a specific city or geographic location where they had strong market presence.
- MetroNaps’s Wall Street Journal Video Series: MetroNaps is a nap-and-relaxation business in New York City, which created a series of videos for The Wall Street Journal (WSJ). This campaign was successful due to its clever use of multimedia content; since viewers could not visit the physical space of MetroNaps due COVID-19 restrictions, the WSJ videos provided them with an immersive experience through interviews, showcasing nap pods and 360- degrees views of the space.
- ZipRealty’s Facebook Ads Campaign: ZipRealty is an online real estate company launched a sophisticated Facebook Ads campaign targeting potential customers interested in buying or selling properties. This campaign was successful because it enriched user interaction with integrated digital experiences such as carousel ads, custom video clips and interactive quizzes all accessed through their page on Facebook, making it easier for people to explore options and find what they’re looking for.
- CENTURY 21’s Snapchat GeoFilters Promotion: Century 21 launched a SnapChat geoFilter promotion around South by Southwest (SXSW), one of Texas’ biggest cultural events taking place annually..This campaign proved effective since it connected Centure 21’s brand with SXSW event goers digitally via SnapChat filters appearing during the festival – potential customers can see and interact with Century 21 Real Estate without leaving their homes – giving them exposure to real estate listings located nearby and sparking interest from projected buyers who wanted to live nearby event venues.
The power of social media marketing to promote real estate businesses cannot be overstated. Social media platforms provide a platform for businesses to directly engage with potential and current customers, sharing informative content as well as special offers that can entice users to take action. Additionally, social media marketing helps businesses build an online presence and influence and be seen by new audiences who are interested in what they have to offer. To maximize the efficiency of their social media strategies, real estate companies need the expertise of experienced professionals such as those at Pivotal New Media for effective results. Turn to Pivotal New Media for any social media strategy needs and start leveraging all the benefits that a powerful online presence can bring.